Intermittent Fasting for Weight loss effectivelyIntermittent fasting for weight loss has become more popular in present time, as it is one of the methods that is followed by many people to effectively loose weight. The method is also very much popular, as it does not involve giving up your eating habits. This method offers you with an option where you are allowed to enjoy much smaller meals. Loosing weight is one of the dreams come true for every person. Being over weight, can most of the times lead to a number of other conditions like obesity, stroke or even Blood Pressure. Many people try out different methods to shed down excess of their body weight. Some of these methods may include exercising for long hours, cutting down junk foods or meals, or even investing big amount of money on weight loss products. In most cases, much of the above mentioned techniques may not prove effective for everyone. Intermittent fasting for weight loss, as per experts, is a method in which individuals have to reduce the overall calorie intake. This method is considered as more effective as it regulates your body hormones and optimize them. This simple technique helps in regulating your overall body weight.
Methods for intermittent fastingIntermittent fasting for weight loss involves many different methods and techniques. Some of the most popular methods include:-
- Skipping your regular breakfast on daily basis. This method is also termed as 16/8 as you are allowed to eat maintaining a duration of 8 hours. In general, the eating time for individuals is in between noon up till 8 PM only.
- Short duration fasting is also one of the techniques that is followed by many people. On weekly basis, for at least two days a week, individuals are allowed to fast, skipping their meals. This means that you may have to skip on or two dinners or lunch on weekly basis.
- Maintaining calorie count on daily basis is also one of the most effective methods followed. Individuals are allowed to consume only around 500 to 600 Calories of diet every week that has to be maintained for at least two days every week. On regular days, regular meal patterns can be followed.
Effective of intermittent fasting on your body Hormone systemScience states that, our body is used to store energy in one form or another. In general, it is stored in the form of calories that we get from the food we eat. The moment we only follow strict fasting, then our body does not get any intake calories. This means that, full fasting can also force our body to consume energy that it is not supposed to burn away. This is one of the mechanisms that our body follows to ensure that its intake of energy is achieved. The moment you follow intermittent fasting for weight loss your body mechanism gets changed in the following ways:-
- The count of insulin within your body metabolism increases depending on the amount of food you intake. Less rate of intake of food decreases the level of insulin production naturally. As insulin hormone is directly responsible for cutting down the rate at which fats burn in your body, so it regulates the process.
- When fasting after regular intervals, it is obvious that the level of growth hormone in our body is also affected. With increase count of Growth hormone, the rate at which the fat gets consumed also increases. Apart from this, the process proves helpful in gaining muscles in our body.
- Regular intervals of fasting also affects our body nervous system as the nerve cells use up stored fats in our body to produce energy that is used up for performing all other normal functions on daily basis.
Importance of intermittent fasting for weight lossWhen speaking of weight loss, intermittent fasting offers with numerous advantages of its own. One of the major benefits is that it proves helpful in cutting down the calorie intake on daily basis.
1 Lower Calorie intakeWhen following intermittent fasting, you are forced to consume less amounts of calories. Fewer calorie in take also means that you consume less fats in your diet. In general, the process follows strict schedule of skipping meals during the day regularly. Even during the eating periods, individuals are not allowed to consume big amounts of fat diet. This simple technique controls the level of calorie intake by our system. This method of fasting is in fact more effective and can reduce excess body weight by around 5 to 8 percent more. As per studies and research, it has been proved that an average person can thus reduce at least 075 kg of his body weight by following this technique regularly. The weight lost can reduce the size of your belly and waist circumference by around 7 percent. Intermittent fasting weight loss is a technique that can actually provide with best results. It also helps in improving the overall body metabolism and eliminate chances of numerous chronic conditions.
2 Maintain Muscle mass when fastingAnother major advantage of intermittent fasting is that it does not affect the overall muscle mass in your body. When following strict diet plans and charts, you have to face numerous side effects in the long term. One of the worst side effect of full fasting is that your body muscles are effected as they tend to burn down with an increased speed. The body tends to burn out stored fat from the muscles. The moment you follow intermittent fasting for weight loss it is obvious that you can maintain a lean mass of your body muscles without actually burning them. At the same time, the overall body weight is also lost consistently. As you are also restricting calorie so you may not have to worry about gaining excess amount of weight. This process is entirely different as compared to any other weight loss program. In this schedule, your body simply restricts the intake of fats. Your daily calorie count is maintained and you are only forced to skip a meal once or twice in a week time. This exercise helps in loosing excess weight while restoring the muscle mass. So it does not in fact affect any other part or function of your body.
Simplify your eating habits with intermittent fastingAnother major advantage of following intermittent fasting is that it is very much simplified process. There are a number of individuals who actually follow 16/8 method. This means that they fix a certain feeding window for themselves during the day time. The process can further be simplified as they try and reduce the number of meals intake. So instead of three full meals they try and focus on consuming only two meals on daily basis. This particular type of diet plan is followed by these individuals for a few months. In turn in the long run, this method also offers them with a healthy eating habit. It improves the body metabolism and helps in maintaining consistent body weight.
Points t consider when following Intermittent fasting methodIn case, you are looking forward to follow intermittent fasting for weight loss then you may have to keep a number of factors in mind:-
- Quality of food intake – One of the most important factors, even when fasting for shorter periods of time, is the quality and type of food you eat. In general, experts advisable to try and consume food that is rich in whole grain content. Apart form this, try and make selection of single ingredient food instead of including variety in your daily meals.
- Calories count- another major factor to keep in mind is the calorie count. It is always better to try and stick to your normal food habits. Making big changes in your eating habit is never advisable. This has to be followed during non fasting periods. It is important that you also avoid over eating calories during this time to compensate the lost body weight.
- Consistency factor – as the method is proved to be effective for weight loss, so you need to follow it consistently. Stick to all plans and charts that you have prepared. Follow your daily strict diet plan. Try and implement the schedule for long run so it gets more effective.
- Have patience- patience is the key factor for any weight loss program to work out effectively. It is just not possible for any one to Loose Body Weight all within a day or a month. It is important that you try and follow the time frame and stick to it for a few years or your life time. Getting adapted to this method of fasting will always ensure that your body does not gain excess amount of weight.